SOCIAL MEDIA

April Goals

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Hi guys!
Happy first of April! I'm starting onto my new rotation on the first of the month, which feels like quite a nice opportunity for a fresh start. After a whirlwind first 3 months of the year (it's a quarter gone already?! HOW) I'm very much excited to settle for a bit and get some good routines going!


As much as I love to travel, the fast pace and constant changes of such a long trip can really wear me down after a while. My soul is seriously craving some structure after all the crazy! So, here's how I plan to get some structure back in my life and get back to being my happiest and healthiest self.

Blog Goals:
Publish At Least 3 Blog Posts
My goal for the year was two posts per month, and thankfully I've just been scraping in and managing to achieve that while travelling! I'm hoping that being around home with a bit more time on my hands will give me a bit more time to devote to my blog and improving the quantity and quality of my posts. I often feel that I could be more creative in my photography and the topics I write about, so this could be a great opportunity to start diversifying my content a little bit!

Engage In Networking More
Are twitter chats still a thing?! I can't seem to find many that actually happen these days, which I found a bit disappointing. They were always difficult for me seeing as they're all organised in the northern hemisphere, with the time difference meaning that I have to either be up really early or late in order to join them. However, they were always such a good opportunity to chat with other bloggers and like-minded people which I found really refreshing.
Twitter chats aside, I'd like to engage and leave more comments when I genuinely enjoy things that others create!

Study Goals:
Approach Placement Positively
Somewhat understandably, with the prospect of final exams looming on the horizon, my approach to placement last year was a 'get in, get out' state of mind with hopes to get myself home to study as early as possible. As someone who otherwise loves to stay at placement for as long as they'll have me to make sure I can make the most of any possible learning experiences, and just to be helpful if I can, I found this approach to be very emotionally draining. I'm so relieved to have reached this stage where I have nothing else on my mind except making the most of my time and learning as much as possible in the hospital! I found it hard to 'click' with many of my teams last year, but I'm really hoping that refreshed, stress-free 2019 Kate is able to impress them much more than the worn-out Kate of 2018!

Life Goals:
Get Back To Exercise
I've come back from India at least 5kg heavier, and I really wish that was a joke! One of my goals for the year was to be able to run 10km, so I think it's about time I started training for that. I was really getting into the gym towards the end of last year so I'm actually quite excited to get back into it!

Keep Up With Reading
I've been doing pretty well with sticking to my Goodreads goal of 60 books for the year, I've read 20 so far. I'm hoping to keep the momentum going!

Start Looking For Graduation Dresses!
To stick with the theme of organising and trying to get my life together, it's about time I start looking for my graduation outfits. We have at least four events during our graduation week, and I have pretty specific ideas in my head of what I'd like to wear for each...I just have to find them! Considering I'll be living on a remote island for the majority of the rest of the year, I should definitely be making the most of my time at home to check out the dress shops!

Whew, what a list! Fingers crossed that we all have a super fun and productive April ahead of us. What are your plans and goals for the month ahead?
Kate x

4 comments :

  1. Great goals - I am a huge fan of writing down my goals because then I end up staying more accountable about them, so I'm glad you wrote yours down too! :)
    -Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving a comment Jenna! It definitely keeps me more accountable when I have them written down. Hoping you achieved all your goals for April and more! xx

      Delete
  2. Cheers for your April goals! Such a wonderful adventure you had. Keep sharing article like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zumi! Hope you achieved what you wanted to in April as well x

      Delete