SOCIAL MEDIA

Life Lately | The Wardrobe Clearout, The Book Haul and The Break

Sunday 12 March 2017

Hi guys! Goodness, hasn't it been a while? I'm sure some of you might have been starting to wonder if I was gone for good, that is, if you noticed at all! Alas here I am again with another of these 'where have I been? ...busy!' posts that I hate so much yet always click on when others post them because I'm nosy and I have to know!
The Wardrobe Clearout
So what's been a-happening in this part of the world? Well, for a start, I've been seriously clearing out my wardrobe! I had so many things sitting there that I liked, but didn't love and I decided it was time to stop putting it off and get rid of the clutter! (No, I haven't actually read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up but I have read Get Your Sh*t Together which is basically the same thing right?) A lot of things have been donated and I've also managed to sell some things on Carousell which I'm really pleased about! I always thought it seemed like a bit of a scam (isn't everything that's advertised on Facebook?) but I've found it a surprisingly positive marketplace so far. If you're in Australia you should definitely go check out my page! With the space I've cleared out I'm slowly trying to replace the items in my wardrobe with some essential, good quality basics and statement pieces-a halfway Capsule Wardrobe if you will, as I'm not dedicated enough to go the whole way! 


The Book Haul
What does a poor uni student who has no time to read do when she sees a sale on Book Depository? Buy books of course! I was very restrained this time and only bought three- The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers, It End With Us by Colleen Hoover and Milk And Honey by Rupi Kaur. Speaking of, how gorgeous is the cover of The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet?! I honestly can't stop looking at it sitting on my table! I've read about 90 pages of it so far and I have the feeling that the story is going to be just as wonderful as the cover. Keep an eye on Goodreads for my full review when I finish! 

The Break
I've only been having a break in terms of blogging as the rest of life has been very far from a break! I've just finished my first 6-week rotation of 4th year medicine, and it has been crazy, wonderful, exhausting, emotional and all things in between! I've honestly just spent the last 6 weeks trying to stay afloat and can safely say that I now seem to have got the hang of it (fingers crossed, knock on wood etc etc). Some highlights so far:
-Successfully being signed off on my cardiovascular and respiratory examinations, which I thought I would never ever get the hang of or remember!
-A patient laughing so much at me trying to examine him that he said I'd healed him purely through laughter (was that a compliment??)
-Actually coming up with the right diagnosis after chatting to and examining a patient in the Emergency Department 
-Using my stethoscope for something useful for once! 
-Gaining confidence in so many areas, from taking blood to asking the stupid questions I always have

So all in all I'm very happy with how things are going and feeling quite content with life right now. I'm very ready for a bit of a break and some time to read my new books and relax though! 
How have you all been? What's been happening in your lives lately?
Kate xo

P.S. That Book Depository sale is still going, with free worldwide shipping! Just in case you needed an excuse for a new book or two! ;) 

1 comment :

  1. Your blog is so pretty, I love it! It sounds like you're doing amazing and working so hard, can't wait to read more from your blog :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete