SOCIAL MEDIA

I'm Back!

Sunday 13 November 2016















Have you ever taken a break from blogging for a couple of weeks and felt like you've completely forgotten how to do it when you get back? Typing words on a blank page shouldn't be this hard but right now it seriously is!

On another note, I have this weird habit where I never feel like I can start typing my post until I have a photo for it-it just looks too boring typing on a blank screen! Does anyone else do that too?

Anyway, enough rambling-I'm finally back! Exams are done and although I didn't feel like they went amazingly I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pass and I'm just happy to have it over with! I'm now officially half a doctor! This was my last pre-clinical year of Medicine, next year I move into being in the hospital full time and doing a lot more hands-on learning. I'm very pleased to have the pre-clinical years of my course over with as I MUCH prefer doing practical things. Sitting in lecture theatres day after day is very good at draining away all my passion and making me question what I'm doing this for, but the minute I'm able to help out and chat with patients or doctors again I always feel 100% more inspired! 

I have a brief few days of placement in the Emergency Department coming up soon which I'm looking forward to. We studied Emergency Medicine this semester so I'm really excited to put what I've learnt into practice! In early December my family and I are heading to England for 5 weeks-I can't even describe my sheer happiness about spending Christmas somewhere cold and wintery and actually Christmas-y! When we get back I'll be moving closer to home for Uni next year, so I'll be able to visit my family on weekends and have an escape from med and city life which I'm so excited about. So all in all, it's been a really tough year and not at all what I had planned but the future is looking bright! 

Some little plans I've been thinking about- I'd quite like to start talking about a few more medical things here on my blog as I progress into my clinical years, maybe tell some stories about lessons I learn and people I meet. Is that something you guys would be interested in hearing about? I've always tried to keep Med a bit seperate from my blog as this is my 'escape' place but seeing as it takes up such a big chunk of my life I've always got funny stories to share! Is there anything in particular you'd want to hear about? 

I have SO many ideas in mind for future blog posts, a lot of which are actually half written already! It makes me very happy to be back in action and typing away here again!























So that's my rambly little life update for now! I'd love to hear what you guys have been up to lately! Are you getting excited for Christmas yet? (Not gonna lie, I've been listening to Christmas music for weeks already!) Feel free to leave me links in the comments to your recent blog posts as I feel like I've missed out on so much!
Much love x

P.S- Here's the link to my October Playlist if you're wondering what I've been listening to whilst studying lately!



2 comments :

  1. Welcome back to blogging Kate, I missed you! :) I hope you'll have the most wonderful Christmas time in England and I'm looking forward to all of your upcoming posts x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, I really missed it too! I missed catching up with all your posts as well x

      Delete