SOCIAL MEDIA

Book Review- A Love That Never Tires

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Well, after my last post talking about how excited I was to get back to blogging, I ended up stuck in bed with a horrible virus for a few days! So sadly I don't have any exciting adventures of my own to update you all on, but I do have a new book review today! After all, what's a girl to do when sick in bed other than read an entire book in one day??


'A Love That Never Tires' follows the adventures of 20 year old Linley, the daughter of a famous archaeologist and explorer. Linley shuns the standards set for women at this time in history, choosing to join her father on his expeditions rather than join in the many balls and events that the rest of the women her age are attending. However, when she meets handsome and well-connected Patrick Wolford, the Marquess of Kyre, both of their worlds are about to be turned upside down!

THREE REASONS YOU'LL LOVE THIS BOOK:
1. It has a strong female lead who holds her own and doesn't just tag along or submit to what the rest of the world wants her to be. Linley is a thoroughly capable, funny and endearing character who I was really able to identify with. She doesn't let a man get in the way of her life dreams and is very faithful to her family, which are qualities that can be hard to find in a lot of romance novels. Yay for strong female characters who can kick the butt of whoever tries to tell them what to do!

2.This book embodies the spirit of adventure and you get to follow the characters in their travels all over the world. A lot of the book is played out in Morocco and India-wouldn't we all love to have a life of travelling and exploring all these foreign countries like Linley and her team get to?

3.It felt more like a 'real' romance. The book was classified as an Edwardian romance, so I was expecting it to be quite fluffy. I was pleasantly surprised however, as it really wasn't. I think this was partly because of Linley's character and the fact that she refused to stay in any box that society tried to put her in, which made for a very interesting series of events! Linley and Patrick faced some very realistic challenges which I really enjoyed seeing them work out in their own, somewhat unusual, way.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys adventures all over the globe mixed in with a very believable love story!
What have you guys been reading lately? What should I read next?
Kate x




Post a Comment