SOCIAL MEDIA

My 5 Faves- Makeup Products

Saturday 29 August 2015

I don't profess to be any type of expert in the realm of beauty, however I can certainly say I enjoy makeup and know which products I like! In this post I thought I'd do a little review on my current favourite makeup/beauty products, as I really love reading these from others and getting some tips! So without further ado, here's my five favourites:



1. Revlon Highlighting Palette in 030-Bronze Glow



I love this highlighting palette so much! The colours are just gorgeous, don't you think? The main reason I have so much love for this palette is because of it's versatility-I use it as a highlighter and bronzer, but also use the separate colours very often as eyeshadows. I've even used the beautiful gold colour in the centre pressed over nude lipstick for our college toga night and it looked great! Whenever I pack to go away anywhere, this highlighting palette will always be the first thing I pack-it has three of my essentials all in one! The colours in this palette make for a lovely everyday makeup look, especially when used as eyeshadow-if I'm completely honest, I think I use it more for eyeshadow than for it's intended purpose! I also love how long-lasting this palette has been-I've had it for almost a year now and it hardly seems to go down at all. I don't know where I'd be without it!

2. Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal! Volum' Express Mascara

Phew-the name of this product is almost as long as it will make your lashes! I have tried numerous different mascara products over the years, and in terms of adding length and drama to your lashes, I've not found anything better. I was quite amazed when I first used this product at how long and feminine it made my eyelashes look! It is also good value for money and really easily accessible (I can buy it in my supermarket!). The only slight down side I have found is that it hasn't lasted as long as some of my other mascaras-but this could be just because I use it so much! Seeing as it's fairly inexpensive, I will definitely be purchasing another one soon.
P.S-I've noticed that there is heaps of different types of Maybelline mascaras out there! I was thinking of trying a different one this time-does anyone have any recommendations??

3. Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel in 120-Hot Hand

Yes, Revlon is going to be a bit of a theme in this post-I truly love most of the products I have tried in their colorstay line! I specifically love this nail enamel as it has such good staying power. I usually find that this lasts at least 3 or 4 days before chipping, which is the best I've found so far. I have this nail enamel in several other colours and also in the non-gel version-I find that those tend to come off a little more quickly. I really love the look of the gel versions and they come in such a great variety of colours that I'm sure my collection will continue to grow!


4. L'Occitane Hand Cream in Cherry Blossom

I could never go back to another hand cream after using this one from L'Occitane! Although it is a little more pricey for a uni student budget, it truly is worth what you pay for it. As you can see, I currently only have a small tube of it that was given to me as a gift, but I intend to purchase a bigger tube for myself when this one runs out. This hand cream is so silky on your hands, and the scent is just divine! I also love that it doesn't leave an awful sticky residue on your hands and dries pretty quickly, letting you get back to whatever you need to be doing! I just think the packaging is gorgeous as well-like everything from L'Occitane!




5. Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Infinite Raspberry

I could almost say that I've saved my best until last! I could honestly purchase these in every single colour and never need any other type of lipcolour/lipstick again. I adore this product so much as it simply does not budge once you've put it on! Granted, this can take some effort when you get home and want to take it off-but for the relief of never having to think about your lipstick all day or night, I can live with that! The colour layer gives a gorgeous deep coverage and the brush is small enough that you can be pretty precise with you application. The clear layer sets the colour in nicely and also gives a lovely glossy look and feel to your lips. I rave about how great this lipcolor is to everyone and would seriously recommend it to anyone who lives a busy lifestyle and doesn't want to worry about their lipstick once it's applied.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I would love to see some of your own favourite makeup products!
Kate x













Post a Comment