SOCIAL MEDIA

Shipwrecks & Seagulls | Adelaide Adventures

Sunday 24 June 2018

Hi guys!


During my last uni break (which already feels like a lifetime ago!) I took a trip to Adelaide to visit my partner's family. We spent a happy few days exploring beaches and cute little towns, eating lots of yummy food and laughing a lot. It was so lovely to spend some more time with my 'second family', and we got up to lots of adventures that I thought I'd share today.

We went away for the weekend to a little town on the coast called Normanville, and stopped in at a few different spots on the way there, the first of which was Mount Lofty. The wind was bitingly cold while we were there, so we spent about 5 minutes checking out the view and then retreated inside to defrost with a hot chocolate!


We also stopped in at a super cute little village called Hahndorf on our way to Normanville. We wandered through the shops for a while, but the weather quickly changed from sunshine to pelting rain so we got back on the road again!

Over the weekend we based ourselves in Normanville and drove around to explore all the cute towns and beaches near us. We braved our fair share of wind and drizzle but still had lots of fun walking along the beach and trying to find the absolute best burger places for lunch. I was also very excited that the cold weather meant I got to wear my 'new' (thrifted) jacket that I found just before going to Adelaide for the whole weekend!








On our last day we made our way home up the coast past a cute little town I'd seen in a blog post called Port Willunga. Here they have some old boat holes in the cliffs where boats used to be stored, and the remains of an old jetty that made a pretty cool silhouette against the moody seas! There is also a shipwreck just off the coast here, but unfortunately the tide was too high for us to be able to see it.



My last day in Adelaide was spent wandering around town, getting some shopping in and making the most of being able to go to a physical Lush store! They had a food festival on during the day so we got to taste test lots of yummy food as well. I bought myself a book and spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on the couch getting stuck into it. A lovely end to a lovely trip!

So that's it for my adventures in Adelaide! Have you been to any of these places? Where are you traveling to next?
Kate x

4 comments :

  1. I love the look of your blog - it's so clean and easy to navigate - but I love this post even more! Great photos. I've always wanred to visit Australia, it looks so gorgeous! xx

    Arshi | notesfromarshi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Arshi! I've worked a lot on how my blog looks recently so that comment really means a lot! Australia definitely is really gorgeous, you must come visit some day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you went to an actual lush store! I haven't got round to going to the one in Brussels.
    Also, those look like happy spring pictures and Europe is scorching (by our European standards huh) right now and I miss the spring lol
    kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving a comment Kate! I only get to go to a real Lush store very rarely as my closest one is two hours flight away, so I make the most of it when I can haha! I love that these look like happy spring pictures when by Australian standards we were freezing, hahaha! Hoping it's cooled down a bit for you guys now! xx

      Delete