SOCIAL MEDIA

How I Maximize My Weekends

Monday 23 July 2018
Hi guys!

Recently, I've come to the realisation that I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with weekends. How could one hate weekends, I hear you ask?! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that as a uni student, I'm at placement without much free time throughout most of the week. Although I do enjoy the long days and practical experience that comes with it, it does have the less positive side effect that I always have a big list of study and work to catch up on by the time Saturday rolls around.

I'd have to say that one of my least favourite feelings is that sinking sensation on a Sunday evening, when seemingly 5 minutes ago you had a whole weekend stretching before you, then before you know it you've blinked and you haven't done anything you wanted to do with your weekend. I really hate the feeling of going into a new week stressed and under-prepared because I haven't done enough over the weekend, and unfortunately this has been happening to me quite a lot recently, so I've been trying hard to combat it with a few different ideas. For today I thought I'd share the best strategies I've been using to be able to rest and recharge as well as being productive over my weekend!

1. Make A Weekend Plan On Friday
As soon as I get some free time on a Friday, I like to sit down and brain-dump a whole list of things that I want to achieve over the weekend. If I get that done on Friday, by the time I wake up on Saturday morning I already have an idea in mind of what I want to get done and what my priorities are.
If possible,I try to tick off some little chores on Friday evening, such as doing a bit of cleaning or getting some groceries in. It takes such a weight off if you already have a few things done before the weekend has even started!

2. Make Time To Relax
I have a ritual that whenever possible, I will stay in bed on a Saturday morning and read a book. I'm not much of a sleep in type, but I do like to stay in bed for a little longer when I can to signify that I'm letting my body and mind have a rest. It's also nice to have an extra hour to snuggle with my partner, being able to relax together on our Saturday morning always feels like we've started the weekend off in the right way!

3. Discipline.
In my mind, the key to a relaxing, productive weekend is discipline. I know you've been good all week and I know you just want to finally let go (trust me, I feel it too!), but in reality the more disciplined you can be in getting things done during the weekend, the more time you'll have to simply relax without the mental burden of having more things left to do.

4. Do Something Active.
I always try to fit in a hike with my partner or a yoga class over the weekend, both to make sure I leave the house and to refresh my mind after a tough week. If you can fit in some exercise with a friend it's even better, as you can get some social interaction out of it as well!

So, these are the main strategies I've been using to try to get more work and more relaxation out of my weekends! Have you tried any of these, or do you have any other tips to share with me? I'd love to hear them in the comments!

Kate x

Post a Comment