SOCIAL MEDIA

Tea Plantations and Job Applications | Monthly Moments March

Friday 29 March 2019

Hi guys!
Let's just move past the assumption that I've done the whole 'ohh I'm so ~busy~' thing and get to it shall we?

If I'm honest, this month looked a lot like the last one- travelling around India whilst madly trying to finish uni assignments at every available train journey, plane flight and spare moment! Oh, and also trying to keep up with my blog and reading goals for the year on the side.

Travel
The first three weeks of the month were spent in India. We managed to tick off a whole lot of places in both the north and south, staying everywhere from beaches to tea plantations, and went for an amazing hike in the Himalayas. I'll have seperate posts about each of the places we went, so won't give too much away now. However, needless to say, it was seriously the adventure of a lifetime!


My First Job Application
Just in case all my assignments weren't stressing me out enough, I also did my first job application and interview this month! I'm applying for a particular pathway that will help me get into a rural generalist program later on, so it's very exciting but terrifying to finally be at this stage of my degree! I had to write an 800 word submission for the application which took me a while to get done, but I submitted it just in time and breathed a massive sigh of relief. My interview was at the start of this week, the day after I got home from India, and I think it went pretty well despite my slight jet lag! There's always questions you think you could have answered better but on the whole it was a pretty informal chatty interview and the panel were so friendly. So keep your fingers crossed for me on the 9th of April when we will find out if we get offers!

Heading Homewards & Holi Party
When we flew back into Australia we came via Adelaide so we could visit my partner's family. We had a lovely relaxing few days and were very lucky to be there in time for some friend's Holi party. Holi is a massive festival in India, the 'festival of colour' that occurs to celebrate the coming of Spring, and I'm sure you will have seen images before of everyone throwing colour at each other. We had a fantastic time and I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet some more family friends in Adelaide and have some fun together!


Finally Home
After all that fun I finally flew back to home and my Mumma bear! We haven't had much time to relax as we've been trying to organise a place to live for the next ten weeks (the place we had organised fell through just before getting back to Aussie), but that's all sorted now. Next we get the fun of cleaning and moving in!

While I'm getting all these things sorted, the new semester is rapidly approaching! I start five weeks with the Endocrine team on Monday, so I'm busy revising all things diabetes and insulin before I get there.

Although I am sad to be leaving my Indian adventures behind, I can't deny that I'm very pleased to be home in my own bed and able to get a bit more structure back in my life. I've got big plans for the next couple of months, so keep an eye out for my April Goals coming soon.

Here's to a goal-kicking and productive month ahead for us all!
What did you get up to in March?
Kate x

Post a Comment