SOCIAL MEDIA

2019 Goals

Friday 25 January 2019

Hey guys! Here we are at the start of another year ready for another set of new goals and opportunities!

 If I'm honest, I'm not really buying into the whole 'new year, new me' thing as I'm actually quite happy how I am at the moment, thank you very much! All jokes aside, I was quite proud that I was able to set some realistic goals (which I think is more than half of the struggle) and actually achieve them last year. However, going into 2019 knowing that I will have a lot more time on my side this year, I hope to 'level up' in several aspects of my life. Always striving to better your best and all that!

I'm excited at the prospect of this year because for the first time in a while it will be different. My last 5 years have followed a pretty similar pattern of study, exams and uni holidays but that will all be turned around this year! I officially have no exams left and will be spending a huge chunk of my year away from home, travelling to India and Singapore and then spending 6 months on a remote island in the Torres Strait at the tip of Australia!

With no exams taking up all my energy and brain space, I have hopes to sustain a lot more balance in my life this year and make more time for pursuing my creative hobbies. Starting, of course, with this blog!

Blog Goals:
Publish at least 2 posts per month
I was so proud that I managed to stay consistent and post at least once every month last year, even in the midst of my final exams! It doesn't sound like a that much, but considering I'd disappeared off the face of the internet for a few months every year previously I felt like it was a really good achievement! I'd like to hope there will be more than 2 per month this year, but keeping in mind that I will be travelling and might not have the best access to internet I think 2 is the best number to aim for.

Take more photos
I say this every year lol, but considering how much traveling and exploring I'll be doing this year, you better hope I'm capturing it all! My last year of my medical degree is something I'm sure I'll want to have captured to look back on in years to come.

Try Weekly Vlogging
This month I have officially joined the Canon G7x owner's club! Right now I honestly have no clue how to use my sparkling new camera, and I'm at that stage where I'm still scared to even pick it up in case I drop it. I've wanted to try vlogging for quite a long time, and considering I now have the right camera for it I've got no excuses for not giving it a good shot! (haha, get it) Even if it's terrible and I don't publish it anywhere publicly, I'm sure I'll be glad to have it recorded.


Study Goals:
Say Yes
This is a goal that applies both to my studies and in everyday life as well.
Over my past five years of medical school I've had to focus more on learning theoretical knowledge than practical skills, but I'm finally at the point where I have no exams and a whole year to practice. When I've been offered the opportunity to learn or practice a skill in the past, I've always thought that there will be another opportunity to learn it later on, but this is my final chance to build up my skills in a safe environment before I'm an actual doctor! It's always scary and stressful learning new things but at the end of the day I'm going to have to learn it at some point, so I may as well get good at it now.


Life Goals:
Read at least 60 books- The highest I've previously achieved in one year was 52 so fingers crossed for 60 this year!
Make a professional adult email- Surely I'm not the only one who still has their original ever-so-embarrassing teenage email address because it's too much hassle to change it? Considering I'm going to be an actual doctor at the end of the year I think it's about time I updated this!
Volunteer somewhere- As I mentioned previously, the past few years have been jam packed with study and exams, but with more time on my hands this year I'd really like to start giving back!
Run 10km- This has been a goal in the back of my mind for quite a while so I thought I should probably write it down to hold myself accountable! The longest I've previously run was 8km but that was a few years ago, so it will take some training to get myself up to this level again.
Continue exploring methods of being environmentally conscious- This is on everyone's list this year, isn't it?! I definitely became more aware of my environmental impacts in 2018, and I'd really like to continue learning about and implementing some of these strategies this year.
Declutter and buy more thoughtfully- AKA what every single person wants to do with their life right now after watching Marie Kondo's series on Netflix! This follows along the lines of wanting to be more environmentally conscious as well. I currently have a massive pile of clothes sitting in my room ready to donate or sell, so at least the decluttering goal is going well!

Aaaand that's about it for my 2019 goals. What are you hoping to achieve this year? Are any of your goals similar to mine?
Kate x

4 comments :

  1. Your 2019 sounds like it's going to be amazing. It's interesting that you don't have exams in your final year - I like that idea, you get to just concentrate on enjoying learning and your last year of uni! Keep us in the loop, I'm really excited to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving a comment Jane! I agree, it's such a relief that we get a year to practice the things we need for being a doctor rather than what we need to pass exams as they're actually so different!

      Delete
  2. Amazing blog and your article is nice. Hope all of us would be have a wonderful year. Thank you. Sams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sams! I hope your year is going wonderfully so far :)

      Delete