SOCIAL MEDIA

Onwards and Upwards

Friday 30 November 2018
Hi guys!

I'm back with some very exciting news... I passed my final medical school exams!
If I'm honest I can't quite believe it's all over. It's been a long, hard five years and I don't think I ever believed that I could actually do it, but here I am. I now have only one year of placement to go until I'm officially Dr Reid, how crazy!

It's been a week and a half since we finished exams, and somewhat contrary to what I might have hoped, I've actually been super busy ever since! The end of the year means moving out of our apartment as our lease comes to an end, and getting everything moved and cleaned has been quite a task. To make an already somewhat unpleasant job a lot worse, we're in the middle of a record breaking heatwave-it was 44 degrees celsius on the day our removalist came to move my furniture! It's been physically impossible to stay cool and I've felt like a sweaty mess for the most part of the last week. However, the worst of both the hot weather and the moving is over now, so I can start to look forward to other things.

After neglecting all of my life responsibilities for a couple of weeks while studying for exams, I've also had lots of organisation and admin things to catch up on over the last few days. I travel to India at the end of January for 8 weeks which has meant a whole lot of travel vaccines and forms to submit to the university.

What with all this going on, I haven't really stopped to think just yet! Luckily there's only a couple more days until I can properly relax, and I'll soon be off to New Zealand to spend Christmas with my family.

I hope you guys are excited for lots of Christmas and travel related content coming very soon, because I sure am! This evening I've pulled out my Christmas tree and candles and am feeling well and truly in the festive spirit!

Here's to a very relaxing and magical December for us all!
Kate x

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations Kate!!! Have an amazing summer, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jane! Always so lovely to have your support xx Hope you get a nice break over Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete