SOCIAL MEDIA

Liebster Award 2018

Friday 30 March 2018
         


Hi guys! Isn't it lovely how life works? I haven't heard anything about this award for quite a while now, and suddenly I'm nominated for it twice within a week! Needless to say I feel very honoured to be doing this award again, and I'm so excited to share the love by nominating some of my favourite bloggers! This award is such a lovely way to support each other and discover new blogs-so let's get into it!



Firstly, a big thankyou to both of the lovely gals who nominated me; Tiia over at Tiia's Life and Anne over at Basifpa & Did. As I have done this award before, I've left out any questions that I've answered previously; you can find my previous posts here and here!

Here's my answers to Tiia's questions:

1. What is your favourite season of the year? Winter! Probably because we never get much of it in my part of Aussie, haha! I love dressing for the cold and it always makes me feel so invigorated, so Winter is definitely my favourite.

2. Do you like cats or dogs more? I adore them both equally! The day I have at least 3 of each can't come quickly enough!

3. What is the best thing you have learned recently? During the last few weeks, I've learnt something new about myself- that I really love and seem to be really well suited to Psychiatry! I was always so set on being a GP so this has been a pretty cool discovery.

4. Are you a morning or evening person? Morning! I always feel my most productive if I get up super early to get things done; I can never function past about 8pm haha!

5. What is your favourite hobby? Reading. I used to read heaps back in school and then lost it for a while, but I've got back into it much more over the last year or so. I find using a Goodreads goal so useful to keep reminding me to pick up a book!

6. What is your favourite colour? Blue.

7. What type of blog posts do you like most? Lifestyle blog posts are by far my favourite; I love reading about people's lives and feelings! Honesty and a good sense of humour are my absolute favourite aspects of reading other people's blogs.

8. What do you want to achieve this year? This year is the absolute biggest year of my Medicine degree with all our final exams; I just wanna pass!!

Here's my answers to Anne's questions:

1. What inspires you? Early mornings, coffee and sunshine.

2. Your hero/role model? Why? My parents! When I was about 7 and my sister was 4, we moved countries to a super remote community in the Northern Territory of Australia, which was pretty isolated and soo different to anything we knew. They got lots of comments along the lines of 'what on earth are you doing?!', people just didn't understand why they would want to do that when us kids were so young. I just think they were so incredibly brave to uproot and take our little family to these places that everyone else thought was completely crazy! It has made us all so much closer, more open minded and those experiences 100% helped me get into the Uni I wanted and made me who I am today!

3. Where have you travelled to recently? I took my boyfriend to my hometown in New Zealand just before Christmas last year. It was so lovely!

4. Where are you going next? I'm going to Adelaide in just over a week! To visit my boyfriend's family for the second time- I was sick pretty much the whole time I was there last year, so I'm super excited to have a better trip this time!

5. What does your current playlist look like? I've actually been struggling lately to find new songs, so my 'current' playlist is my February one! You can find it here if you'd like. Any song recommendations would be very welcome!

6. Three essential things a blogger should have? A blog, haha! Plus patience and a good sense of humour. The rest is all useful, but not necessary.

7. What advice would you give to someone who is looking to start a blog? Just do it! Don't worry too much about it being perfect at the start, you'll learn as you go along; as long as your design is simple enough for people to read easily, the rest will come.

8. If you could swap wardrobes with anyone, who would it be? Zoella!

9. What does an ideal evening look like? Super comfy! I usually change into my PJ's as soon as I get home from the hospital, and recently my housemates and I have just been chilling out, watching Bachelor In Paradise in the evenings. It's so bad but it's soo good!

10. What quality do you value the most in a person? This is actually such a tough one! One quality I really admire would be dedication; I'm always in awe of people who know what they're passionate about and work hard to make it happen. I also really value kindness, as I think there's just not enough of it these days!

11. What's your favourite thing about your hometown? That it has everything familiar to me-my family and all the same old places that never really change! Because we've moved so much over the years, I really value having a base that I can always go back to that is so familiar!

Woohoo, that's all the questions! I bet you're sick of hearing about me now, haha.
I nominate:
Rowan from Sincerely, Rowan
Kyia from Kyia Belle
The Blossom Twins
Michelle from Wandering Curiosities
Nicol from Trouvaille
Courtney from Courtney's Little Things
Rai from Utter Ardour
Jemima from Another Ranting Reader
Kayla from Kayla Blogs
Kiran from ALittleKiran
And anyone else who'd like to join in!

My questions:
1. What is your proudest achievement?
2. Tell us your best joke!
3. Share with us a blogger you've recently discovered and are really liking?
4. Tell us something people would never guess about you
5. Which blog post are you most proud of?
6. Tea or Coffee?
7. What's at the top of your bucket list right now?
8. What place/country that you've been to would you like to revisit?
9. How has your blog changed since you started it?
10. What's your biggest goal for this year?
11. If you could change one thing from the past, what would it be?

I'm so excited to see your answers! Hoping everyone has an absolutely fantastic Easter!
Kate x

2 comments :

  1. Ahhh i loved reading these answers! Good luck with all your medical exams but I'm sure you'll smash them! <3 <3

    Love always,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete