SOCIAL MEDIA

Monthly Moments | January

Friday 9 February 2018
Hey guys! January has been the craziest month! It feels like I've managed to squeeze so much into the last few weeks, which is a really great feeling. Here's a little peek into what I've been up to!


Chasing Waterfalls
This year is going to be a bit different to 2017 for a few reasons. One, my schedule is a lot more hectic than last year to begin with, and two, my boyfriend and I are also on different rotations this year, meaning our schedules don't really cross over at all. As a result of this, we see each other a lot less during the week, so we've made a concerted effort to do some more exciting things on the weekends this year. It's a lot nicer to feel like we've been on an adventure together, spent some quality time, done some exercise and done something fun rather than just procrastinating at home all weekend! Plus, it's good to get some nice Insta shots!


First Gym Class!
This is such a big deal to me! Don't ask me why, but I have always been terrified of going to the gym. Like, seriously terrified. I was convinced into signing up for a free trial at one last year and basically had palpitations and felt SO intensely uncomfortable the whole time. I walked out thinking 'never again!'
However, my best friend won a 6 month gym subscription and then moved interstate, so she passed it on to me. This particular gym has a pretty awesome set of classes and I've tried one of them a few times so far. I'm so proud that I'm slowly building my confidence, and I'm really keen to give them all a go eventually!

Back to Uni
Uni's back, back again. I've just finished my 3rd week of my first rotation, which is in GP. So far I've been having a pretty great time- I've been super lucky to get a set of supervisors who genuinely want to teach and make a lot of time to explain things to me, which is so lovely! Some of the things I've done include:

  • My first ever sutures! 
  • Getting over my phone phobia and calling doctors at the hospital for advice about patients we're treating
  • Talking to lots of patients in my own little room and doing my best to come up with a diagnosis and management plan
  • Actually impressing my supervising doctor with something I learnt the day before from a different doctor, haha!

I also get a decent amount of free time during this rotation, so I've been doing my best to get my life sorted and catch up on study while I can! I have 3 more weeks of GP before heading straight into Mental Health, which is definitely going to be interesting!



My 21st! 
I'm finally 21! I won't talk about this too much as I've written a post of it's own about my lovely birthday week and some photos from my party, so feel free to check that out here!

January was such a busy, lovely month! What were your favourite moments? Here's to February being just as positive!
Kate x

Post a Comment